American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Instructor PTOC in Minneapolis, Minnesota
We are currently seeking a Nurse Aid Training (NAT) Instructor. This is a part-time position based in our Minneapolis MN location.
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. Responsibilities may include: training and orienting NAT instructors; providing supervision and guidance to NAT instructor cadre in a geographic area; serving as liaison with external clinical sites; and serving as technical resource to NAT Program Manager. The lead instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Trains, orients, and supervises NAT instructors as requested
• Serves as technical resource to NAT program manager
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
• Unrestricted, current RN license for the State of MN required
• 1 year experience working in a long term care facility required, 3 years experience working on a long term care facility (within the last 5 years) preferred
• Adult education experience preferred
• Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements for instructors
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.