American Red Cross Laboratory Technician in W Henrietta, New York
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform customer service or inventory management as requested.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Perform complex manufacturing tasks.
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- May make hospital deliveries.
- Assume lead responsibilities when designated by a supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified. Scope
Perform routine tasks in a highly regulated environment and in accordance with established standard operating procedures under limited supervision. Duties may include any manufacturing processes from receipt of unprocessed blood through shipment of finished goods. May serve as a team or shift leader assisting in the training or mentoring of other manufacturing staff. Qualifications
High School diploma, plus two years experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; or demonstrated successful performance as a Manufacturing Technician I. College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred. Manufacturing technicians working in Distribution or Plasma Sample Management positions may require a valid driver's license. Competencies
The duties and responsibilities mentioned in the job description are representative of the essential functions of the position. The performance management system incorporates competencies which are identified, discussed and evaluated in order to meet operational milestones and which are tied to job families and titles. Three types of competencies have been identified; Technical Competencies are job specific skills and methods, Core Competencies are the abilities and behaviors expected of all Biomedical Services employees, Leadership Competencies are specific abilities and behaviors required of those performing formal management roles or other leadership roles (i.e. Project Leaders). Management and staff should contact Human Resources for further details on the appropriate competencies for a specific position. Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time. Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level. This position is an exposure determination 1 in view of the fact that the position requires the incumbent work under conditions where the potential exists for the incumbent to make contact with blood or blood components as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks. Potential exists to also be exposed to hazardous chemicals
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.