American Red Cross Lead Distribution Technician - St. Louis, Missouri in St Louis, Missouri
Are you looking to make a real difference?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Lead Manufacturing Technician to work in our St. Louis Blood Manufacturing Department.
Work Schedule: full time
Tuesday thru Saturday, 2:30pm-11:00pm schedule. Training may require working a traditional day shift schedule for the first 1-3 months.
In this position you will manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. In this position you will manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and handle repetitive tasks. Will maintain manual and computer records associated with production or testing.
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
Pay Rate: Around $16 an hour+ shift differential
Qualifications: Associates degree plus two years' experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; or demonstrated successful performance as a Manufacturing Technician II. College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred. Manufacturing technicians working in Distribution or Plasma Sample Management positions may require a valid driver's license. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Does require a Class E Driver's license for applicants living in Missouri…(or must be willing to obtain in the first 60 days of employment)
Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
The American Red Cross offers full-time benefits packages inclusive of health-care plan options, 401K and PTO.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.