American Red Cross Health & Safety -CPR & First Aid - Instructor (PTOC) - Mankato in Mankato, Minnesota
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter's Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
The American Red Cross of Minnesota is currently seeking a part-time Health & Safety Instructor in Mankato. Applicants must be available at least 3 full days per week, to include weekend availability (Saturday, Sunday and Monday class coverage will be frequent). In this role you will be scheduled to teach up to 19 hours per week.
The Health and Safety Instructor's (PTOC) primary responsibility is to teach American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and at community or corporate sites within a 60 mile radius of Mankato (with occasional coverage of Rochester and Twin Cities classes, as needed). PTOC's are responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, generating necessary reports and documentation, as well as managing/cleaning equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility.
• Current certification to be an instructor in discipline desired to instruct is a plus, but not required. Additional training and certification will be provided to qualified candidate after hire through American Red Cross Health & Safety Services courses.
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); college degree preferred
• Current Driver's License. Access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Work in education or service industry is a plus, but not required.
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs. Ability to use online, web-based technology to submit payroll time-card, course related training documents and for regular communication.
• Access to phone, internet and email.
• Flexible schedule available - opportunities available during the day, evening or weekends
• Must have the ability to travel within in and around Mankato, up to 50-75%.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. PTOC Instructors may be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization. In this role, you may be required to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds, as well as sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.