American Red Cross Mobile Operations Collections Manager in Durham, North Carolina
The American Red Cross Blood Services team works every day to fulfill the needs of people and provide the safest, most reliable and cost-effective blood and plasma services through voluntary donations. If you're looking for an opportunity that makes you feel appreciated every day, we invite you to join us. We are seeking a high energy leader to manage our Mobile Operations Collections teams in Durham & Wilmington North Carolina.
Selected candidate will be based in Durham, NC with 50-75% travel to blood drives throughout the territory + regional team meetings. In this position you will demonstrate leadership in managing paramedical/nurse staff & supervisors with a focus on team-building and donor recruitment. Previous experience managing a large team desired, top-notch leadership communication skills required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the collection operations within the territory to ensure achievement of annual collection goals in the most cost efficient and effective manner possible.
• Establish and oversee deployment of appropriate staffing levels to ensure the efficient and effective collection of blood and blood products to meet annual collection goals and regional patient need.
• Develop and supervise departmental supervisors and other collections staff in accordance with personnel policies and bargaining unit contracts, including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and hiring and firing decisions, to enhance success of operation and minimize turnover.
• Ensure effective internal and external communication between all department levels and functions to foster teamwork and enhance operational success.
• Develop or contribute to the development and implementation of annual operating budget to meet assigned collection and quality initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
• Minimum five years of related experience including three years management experience required. Knowledge of blood collection techniques desired.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing, management or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Master's degree preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to deal with all levels of staff, hospital personnel, physicians, volunteers and donors. Experience working with unionized staff desired. Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
• A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes extensive daily travel (1-2 days/week in Wilmington) plus overnight trips as needed.
Why the American Red Cross?
We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
** Applications submitted on/before October 27, 2017 will be given first consideration.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.